Thursday, March 19, 2009

Pyrogenic Seduction

Standing amidst the raging fire,
My parched mouth becomes drier,
Anticipating the poisonous dart,
I silently lock up my heart.

Engulfed by smoky fumes,
A Frankenstein above me looms,
As my soul melts away,
"Amen, Amen", I quietly pray.

My weak breath grows thin,
When a voice calls from within,
"You'll survive, You'll survive,
You'll surely triumph alive".

My innate Conscience to the rescue,
Endearing to save me from the blues,
Stuck in the Mind-Heart crossfire,
Puzzled, I ponder- Who's the liar?

Heart tempts me to the pyre,
Sending me deeper into the mire,
Should I fall into temptation?
Or, is courage my salvation?

In a sudden spur of heavenly thunder,
From my heart, I lamely sunder.
Paying heed to the righteous Mind,
To its word, I solemnly bind.

I shall fight this flaming lust,
I shall overcome this ashy dust,
I shall extinguish this raging fire,
I shall quench my burning desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment