Thursday, March 19, 2009

Latency

The soft fumes make a white cloud,
An ecstatic sensation...I feel proud,
The burning joint's an intoxicating nectar,
The bloodstream fusion...an arresting spectre...

The burdened eyelids grow heavy,
The retinal images...remarkably wavy,
The flexible cheeks stretch too wide,
Numbed nerves...their senses have died...

My brain's spinning...or is the world?
My mouth's open...but no words unfurl,
My ear hears silence...Am I earless?
My body's weak...but I am fearless...

The distant music rings clearly in my brain,
Illusionary figures..forms...an unfathomable chain,
Rhythmic reverberations lead me into a trance,
I'm stoned...I caper, my wavering stance...

I stare past the calm, dark night,
All the hidden stars in my crystal sight,
The soothing wind blows into my face,
I'm earthly...I'm in outer space...

Time's playing games...a second? an hour?
Adrenaline's flickering...Weakness? Power?
Breathing's passive...sleep? Cancer?
Multitude of questions...No answer...

My eyes close...the night is bright,
My head slumps...the brain is light,
My body's resisting sleep...A fighting agency,
Is this a real illusion or psychotic latency?

2 comments:

  1. awesome!

    the questions behind these words are intriguing.. (Are you high is one of them :P)

    great going Rohit..

    ReplyDelete
  2. aap ne to apni fav cheez pe likha hai..poora samjha dia us feel ko :) great language ang exact words were the highlights

    ReplyDelete