Thursday, March 19, 2009

Lost-I

Roaming aimlessly on crowded streets,
With a tired body on aching feet,
A painful soul rendering my senses numb,
To the drudgery of life, I'll soon succumb.

These high-rise towers, the speeding cars,
These crowded shops, the dim-lit bars,
These incessant pedestrians, the distant sea,
Do they hold any meaning for me?

No friends to die for, No family to live for,
No threads of happiness, Miseries galore,
No desires I have, No ambition in life,
No place to rest in this world of strife.

No laughter to lose, No tears to befriend,
No success to embrace, No failures to end,
No cynics to impress, No well-wishers to pay,
No silence to keep, No words to say.

Lost to the material pleasures found,
Lost to the cacophony of voices around,
Lost to the ephemeral human sea,
Lost for life, Lost for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment