Monday, December 3, 2012

Allowance To Plead


The rains are here, wetting the parched streets,
Heated furnaces giving way to rhythmic beats,
Blinding sunshine replaced by vast black sheets,
A pang of regret, a reminder of my defeats...

A cheerful juvenile I was, no care for judgments,
Monkeying with ephemeral toys, no time for sentiments,
The world was my playground, I was the king,
If only I'd learnt to strum the benignant string...

An arrogant stripling I was, no sense of wrong-right,
Feeding on pampered wealth, soaring like a kite,
Master of vanity, condescending God of upset beings,
Obscuring myself in the abysmal abyss I was digging...

A manager in my late twenties, Was I remotely deserving?
Trampling on naive souls, A selfish brain I was serving,
Scavenging on their failures, my inflated ego shone,
Losing the human religion, Losing my childish throne...

Three marriages, three divorces...nothing did I learn,
In my raging egoistic fire, I let this also burn,
The world was stupid, foolish, I shimmered in this unreality,
The farceness of my belief, If only I'd known the fatality...

A lonely cottage, a lonely old age,
A lonely strife, a lonely life,
Demeaning dreams, Demeaning esteem,
No will to live, No life to will...

An accident, a paralysis...a living stone,
Dumb words, wooden eyes, silent moans,
A mind waking from slumber, a body dead,
Dying in pain, Living in dread...

The world's green outside and so is my mind,
A Wish to relive, A wish to rewind,
Requesting God for one last speech before my heart bleeds,
A last chance to apologize...For mercy, I want to plead...

No comments:

Post a Comment